|Admission Calender for B.Com Program|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 26, 2021|
|Reporting for Interview, submission of certificates and verification by producing originals||26-30 July, 2021|
|Admission Decision after scrutiny of documents.||30 July, 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||Aug. 02, 2021|
About the Program
The Faculty of Education has conceived and developed a unique B.Ed. Program to train the teachers to meet the challenges of emerging trends and competitive environment. The curriculum and pedagogy adopted are exploratory and reﬂective in nature. An applied approach to learning is followed keeping in view the national and international standards of education. Emphasis is given to holistic development of the students to meet the ever-changing demands of education through the two year full-time program.
- The duration of the program is two years which comprises of four semesters of coursework and teaching practice.
- Pass in Graduation / Post Graduation (Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities disciplines) with 50% and above aggregate marks. Candidates applying for B.Ed. Program must follow the procedure for admission declared by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT).
- Relaxation for SC/ST and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/ State Government.
- Final year degree students awaiting results can also apply.
Seats will be allotted through State Government B.Ed Counselling through CG Pre-B.Ed 2021.
Elective Foundation Courses:
There are elective courses (Computer Application-I, Computer Application-II, Personality Development, Soft Skills etc). Out these courses two courses needs to be taken by the students in Semesters-V and VI respectively.
Students who successfully complete the B.Ed Program are awarded the Bachelor of Education degree by The ICFAI University, Raipur subject to University regulations.
The student has to choose three elective courses in Semester V and Semester VI respectively out of a pool of elective courses prescribed by the University.
The B.Ed. Program is designed to develop leaders in the field of education. To meet this challenge the curriculum is organized around four specific academic components. The program structure comprises of foundation courses, experiential learning courses, methodology courses and optional course.
Semester-I Semester-II Year I
- Philosophical perspective of Education
- Learner and Learning Process
- Preparing of Teaching Aids (Practical)
- Community Activity (Practical)
- Pedagogy – I
- Sociological Perspective of Education
- Curriculum and Knowledge
- Art Education
- Internship (One Month)
- School Experience
- (Observation of School Documents
- Mentor’s Report
- Elective – I
Summer Internship Project - I Semester-III Semester-IV Year II
- Assessment in Learning
- Internship (4 Months)
- Reflective Diary & Supervisor’s Assessment
- Pedagogy II
- Gender, School and Society
- Language proficiency (Hindi and English)
- Training in Yoga and Sports
- Psycho-metric Assessment
- Viva Voce on Teaching Experience
- Elective II
NOTE: The Program structure is indicative and subject to change, if required.
Elective Courses Elective I Elective II
- School Administration and Management
- Education Technology and Management
- Mental measurement and Evaluation
- Computer Education
- Inclusive Education
- Value Education
Pedagogy Courses Pedagogy - I Pedagogy - II
- Mathematics Teaching - I
- Science Teaching - I
- Physics Teaching - I
- Social Science Teaching - I
- Hindi Teaching - I
- English Teaching - I
- Mathematics Teaching - II
- Science Teaching - II
- Physics Teaching - II
- Social Science Teaching - II
- Hindi Teaching - II
- English Teaching - II