ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Faculty of Education has conceived and developed a unique B.Ed. Program to train the teachers to meet the challenges of emerging trends and competitive environment. The curriculum and pedagogy adopted are exploratory and reflective in nature. An applied approach to learning is followed keeping in view the national and international standards of education. Emphasis is given to holistic development of the students to meet the ever-changing demands of education through the two year full-time program.Duration
The duration of the program is two years which comprises of four semesters of coursework and teaching practice.Eligibility
- Pass in Graduation / Post Graduation (Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities disciplines) with 50% and above aggregate marks. Candidates applying for B.Ed Program must be qualified in CG Pre-B.Ed 2019 Entrance Examination conducted by Chhattisgarh (As prescribed by SCERT, Chhattisgarh).
- Relaxation for SC/ST and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/ State Government.
- Final year degree students awaiting results can also apply.
Seats will be alloted through State Government B.Ed Counselling through CG Pre-B.Ed 2019 Entrance Examination.Award
Students who successfully complete the B.Ed Program are awarded the Bachelor of Education degree by The ICFAI University, Raipur subject to University regulations.Program Structure
The B.Ed. Program is designed to develop leaders in the field of education. To meet this challenge the curriculum is organized around four specific academic components. The program structure comprises of foundation courses, experiential learning courses, methodology courses and optional course.Program Highlights
- Curriculum is made-up of Foundational, Professional, Experiential learning and Elective courses
- Special courses for enhancing professional capacities.
- Competent, committed and experienced faculty
- Unique teacher internship program
- Modern separate labs for Science and Educational Technology
- Computer lab with latest infrastructure and Multimedia and internet connection
The B.Ed. Program is unique as the curriculum not only provides foundational and professional knowledge courses but also provides experiential learning in the form of:
- Intensive teaching workshops
- Pedagogical methods
- Creativity in teaching
- Critical understanding of Information of Communication Technology (ICT)
- Enhancement of professional capacities• Opportunities to develop social sensitivity
- Counseling and mentoring session
- Soft skills training
- Drama and Arts in Education
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- 100% Placement Assistance
|Elective I||Elective II|
|Pedagogy I||Pedagogy II|
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based UG & PG Programs offered by the ICFAI University, Raipur. The medium of instruction is English.Eligibility
- Pass in Graduation / Postgraduation (Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities disciplines) with 50% and above aggregate marks. Candidates applying for B.Ed Program must be qualified in CG Pre-B.Ed 2019 Entrance Examination conducted by Chhattisgarh.
Final year students who have not received the original certificates
from the Board / University by August 01, 2019 will be admitted
provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their
passing the qualifying examination and meeting the minimum
requirements as indicated above. The registration of the candidates
not meeting the criteria by September 17, 2019 will be cancelled.
In such cases, admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the
semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the
seat by the University.
For the purpose of determining eligibility, based on aggregate percentage of marks for the respective program, the procedure used by the respective Board / University in award of the Certificate / Degree will only be taken into consideration. All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal education by August 01, 2019. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or on a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the MBA Program.
The selection of applicants for all programs is made through application and interview. While evaluating applicants for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities. Interview
On receiving the application, applicant will be intimated about the Interview Schedule. The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the campus.
This is to determine the applicants attitude and motivation to pursue the program. Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time
of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected students will be required to pay the admission fee towards confirmation of seat.
There shall be a special provision for
admission of applicants belonging to the State of Chhattisgarh in
any course of ICFAI University, Raipur, which shall not be less than
25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject
to the applicants meeting the minimum qualifying requirements
referred to above.
Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to applicants belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESHow to Apply:
Students interested can apply by any one of the following methods:
- Online Application
Applicants can apply online by filling up the Application Form available at www.iuraipur.edu.in and make payment of Rs. 500 towards the cost using Credit / Debit Card (Visa / Master Card / Internet Banking) through secure internet payment gateway. Applicants applying online should upload their passport size color photograph while filling the Online Application. The Prospectus will be sent to such applicants.
- Download of Application Form
Applicants can fill their details online and download the Application Form from www.iuraipur.edu.in and send it to the Admissions Office along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 500 towards the cost of the application in favor of The ICFAI University, Raipur - Fee Collection A/c payable at Raipur.
- Fill the Application Form
Applicants can fill in the application form and send it to the Admissions Office.
Applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the Application Form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Applicants are required to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates:
- Date of Birth Certificate /Class X Certificate
- Marks sheets of Class XII / Diploma / Degree certificate (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate in case of student belonging to the State of Sikkim
- Nationality Certificate/Proof, for foreign students only
- Other certificates pertaining to academic and extra curricular activities.
The completed Application Form for Admission may be submitted at:
The ICFAI University, Raipur,
NH-6, Raipur-Bhilai Road,
Km Stone 20, PO. Kumhari, Dist.
Durg - 490 042, Chhattisgarh.
Program Fee is to be paid in equal installments as shown against the respective program, as per announced schedule.Caution Deposit:
All students are required to pay the caution deposit along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting dues, on completion of the respective program.
|Fee Structure of B.Ed|
|Program Program||Duration||Admission Fee||Program Fee||Caution Deposit|
|Fee per semester||Total Program Fee|
|Admission Calender for B.Ed Program|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||June 29, 2019|
|Selection Process||May-July, 2019|
|Registration||August 01, 2019|
|Commencement of Programs||August 02, 2019|
The Faculty of Education has conceived and developed a unique B.Ed. Program to train the teachers to meet the challenges of emerging trends
and competitive environment.